So today was another doctor's appointment. Was kinda nervous but had been following orders and being a good girl. Good news! Baby Bumble is doing GREAT and so is mama. In fact we are both doing more than great, doctor was very impressed with all the measurements. I had the best measurement this entire pregnancy! Now the bad news still on bedrest! I did not realize how much I was looking forward to going back to work, even a little bit until he told me no. He actually told me a lot of no's, the most important ones are: No up to work for meetings; No traveling (he said do not plan on going anywhere for the rest of the pregnancy, then if he changes his mind and I can I will be pleasantly surprised). I am not a very happy camper. I can move around the house a bit more and still enjoy my excursions out, as long as I am not doing anything crazy. His main concern is that I am still on 26 weeks pregnant and delivering Bumble right now would not be the best thing. We also know 1 thing: Bedrest is obviously working.
So needless to say, Julia is pretty frustrated right now. I filed all my paperwork for short-term disability and took out my frustration on the dirty dishes that needed to be washed. Have not ruled out going to get a banana split for myself. Hey if I can not have a vodka tonic then I guess a banana split will have to do.
Honestly now that all the leave of absence and insurance paperwork is filed I might just be like keep me on bedrest with activity. That way I do not have to file it all again later. Just give me doctors note saying it is ok to go lay out at the pool and I will be a happy camper. I am really sad about not being able to travel right now, he said there is small chance that I will be able to go to Houston in 2 weeks for the baby shower but to not get my hopes up. I am going to have to miss my nephews baptism this weekend in Oklahoma, which I am really bummed about.
On a happier note, James's parents came to visit us this weekend. Marilynn and I relaxed with mani/pedis while Jerry and James put together Bumble's crib and dresser. It was a really nice visit. Grilled out Saturday night and the weather minus being a little muggy was really quite pleasant. James and I were also able to go see Missy and Robert tie the knot, so very happy for them! (Had to miss out on the reception, but we saw the important part!) Also got to stop by Taste of Addison and try some new foods. Julia got a funnel cake, YUM!!
Well I am in a little bit of a better mood but still not fabulous. I think a Braum's sundae of some sort is in my future along with some pride and prejudice. Will start scrap-booking tomorrow like whoa, b/c why not. I have nothing better to do. Plus if you want to come and visit, feel free. I will be here. Guess we shall see what the report is next Tuesday, fingers crossed and saying my prayers that I can go to Houston that weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment