Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chillin' Is What I Do Best

I had a very nice birthday! On Sunday we had a relaxing family dinner with grilled shrimp, I do love me some shrimp. Yesterday I was treated to lunch by the lovely Leigha and little Delaney. It was nice to catch up with an old friend. I treated myself to an hour at the pool too, I figured laying in a floaty in the pool was essentially the same as laying on the couch. I had plenty of water and was a good girl and only there for an hour. (Which if you know me and how much I LOVE the sun, that is saying something.) James and I grilled hamburgers and had a relaxing evening. I am impressed with James b/c I noticed a beautiful birthday card around 6 months ago but did not buy it (I like to stock up on cards for other peeps). So I was pleasantly surprised when that was the card he gave me for my birthday! I just love him, plus his message inside was super sweet. After dinner we chilled and watched a movie, it was a really lovely end to a lovely day.

I did almost loose my phone at central market, but all was well.

Last week Katy asked me what kind of birthday cake I wanted, well being preggo makes one a little indecisive. Therefore on Sunday I had a chocolate chocolate cake from mommy, then Katy made me 2 cakes for Wednesday: chocolate mouse cheesecake with oreo and then a strawberry cake with vanilla icing and sprinkles, YUM. I had a piece of each yesterday and will probably be eating cake for the next week or so. Glad I do not have my gestational diabetes test this week :) I have actually started tracking what I eat in my weight watchers online account just to keep track of what actually goes in my mouth. I do not want to gain tons of weight b/c I am not as active as I once was, so this helps me be aware of what I put in my mouth. Although sometimes I look at what I actually ate and go WOW, pregnant women really do eat some random things. I really like it when I have to chart that I ate like 3 pickles, for some reason I LOVE me some spicy pickles.

Finally I had breakfast with the lovely Jenny Fickes this morning. Yea for decaf skinny lattes and blueberry muffins! Jenny has turned into ms travel-rama, jealous of all her trips! It was nice to catch up with her and just talk. I think that is the worst thing about bedrest, I have no one to talk to. Do not get me wrong, I love my alone time but I do find myself talking to Roxie much more than I used to. Poor James no longer gets his alone time b/c I am always here! Lindsey and Leyla (co-workers) are coming by this evening so that will be a nice treat.

Kinda bummed I have to miss Jay's baptism this weekend. James is going and hopefully will be able to skype the service to me. If not it will at least be recorded for me to watch once everyone comes home.

Hoping for an all clear next Tuesday to go to Houston, which I think might happen. I do not think I will be going back to work though, lol I do no think my doctor trusts me to actually do light duty. Honestly not sure if I trust myself. Bedrest with pool privileges is what I am now hoping for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment