Quick Update before my nap:
So last week I was not feeling up to par. I had a backache and fever, my doc thought I might have had mastitis so they started me on some antibiotics. Friday I seemed to feel even worse and slept most of the day. Then Friday night came, still feeling crummy and when James woke me up from my nap I could not talk in sentences. I knew what I wanted to say but could not verbalize it. I have no idea what I sounded like but needless to say I scared the crap out of James. I could not write either. I would start to write a word and then just seemed to write the same letters over and over again. Much tears were shed and I did not want to go to the hospital (again). James finally convinced me that if one of my nursing friends came over, checked me out and said I was fine we would not go to the hospital. Our dear friend Kimmy Pope came over and lets just say we went straight to the hospital. I ended up being admitted to the surgical (&neuro) ICU of my beloved Presby. Numerous tests were completed (head CT, head MRI/MRA, echo, labs, etc) which were all negative, thank the lord. The doctors think I had a atypical migraine with possible vasospasm related to pregnancy/hormones etc. Apparently these things are fairly common in pregnant and postpartum women they can be caused by hormones or the amount of fluid you have circulating in your body. (As a pregnant women you are pretty "filled up" with fluid and then you dump a lot of that fluid after you deliver.) They are still not 100% sure what happened but thankfully I was able to talk darn near perfectly Sunday morning. They decided to keep me until Monday morning to make sure I did not act up again, which I did not. It was really hard not to be with Evelyn and I have been working very hard to get us back on the breast feeding bandwagon but things are going well. Please do not ask me how Saturday was, I do not remember most of it. Although you can ask Kim, Chris, James, my parents or my nurses, apparently I what I thought I was saying was most definitely not what was I was actually saying. Some highlights, which I can kinda laugh at now, were: that my name was January, I have Alzheimer's, the date was January 16, 2007. I of course thought I was stating my name and the correct date, who knows about the Alzheimer's thing.
I can not say thank you enough to my family, friends and coworkers for helping out, praying for myself and our family and just being there. It was not my intention to scare the bejesus out of y'all I promise. James, Evelyn and I are some very lucky people.
Most of all I can not say thank you enough to James, for all his support and love through out the pregnancy, delivery and this past weekend. I can honestly say I am the luckiest women in the world to have him as my husband/friend and Evelyn is the luckiest girl in the world to have him as her father. He really had to man up and take care of our little girl when I could not while at the same time trying not to stress out about me. Not the easiest thing to do I am sure but it was such a relief to see him Sunday and be normal, I could see all the tension leave him and see the relief in his eyes. I love him more than anything in the world.
James we found out last night got poison ivy sometime this weekend that manifested itself on Tuesday, but thanks to carenow he is semi-cured.
Evelyn has been a peach and nothing is wrong with her :) Our little Bumble had a great 2 week check up and weighed in at a whopping 7.4lbs!
So fingers crossed no more hospital trips for this family, I think I covered it up with the hospital trifecta: got to go while pregnant (boo), then for delivery (yea), then for postpartum (boo). We are officially done and I think Presby should give me a payraise for all the money I have given them this year.
So next time I 1) feel achy anywhere 2) have a fever and 3) do not eat my Chipotle for dinner, then I know that something is seriously wrong with me (that is how I was hospitalized for the weird virus thing which ended up with me on bedrest and for this thing, freaky huh?); that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment