Tuesday, July 19, 2011

James likes to leave Julia

By going to Mexico for Gera's wedding, hahaha. It is ok though, I forced him to go. You just can not miss one of your best friend's wedding. He seemed to enjoy himself, how can you not with the beach and tropical weather?! He went on a kayaking and snorkeling adventure while down in Cabo too. I have some photos from Gera's wedding and promise to post them later this week. (I am just feeling lazy right now.)

While the boy is away Julia will play. Actually Julia did a lot of work on Thursday and Friday but had a wonderful massage on Saturday. Saw the final Harry Potter, and I have mixed emotions about it. It was not what I was expecting and although it was not terrible I am not sure how much I really liked it. I guess I will just have to go see it again with James and then see how I feel after that. Maybe I was just too hormonal, but (and I do feel like a broken record here) the book was SO much better.

I have been officially released from all work restrictions!!!!! I worked my first 12 hour day shift (have not done one of those for a VERY long time) on Sunday with my agency job. It was actually quite nice and relaxing. It is just like foreign territory for me because EVERYTHING is different. From the charting to the IV pumps, so just takes a little while getting used to it. Worked my first night shift at Presby last night, I have had better shifts I must admit. However it was nice to get back in the swing of things. Started with 3 patients, moved 2 out and then got 2 more in :/ That made it a very busy shift for Julia. It was funny though b/c I kept seeing night shift people (like from lab or central supply or ER) that had not seen me in a very long time and they were like 'holy crap' you are really really pregnant!

I seem to have come to a part in my pregnancy where no matter how hard I try I can not sleep. Thinking I might actually need to get some meds from my doctor at Wednesday's appointment. Bumble has also gotten to the point where he/she does not like it when I am sitting down and lean over for some reason. I tend to get kicked twice as much when I do that, maybe I am taking away too much room who knows. Bumble is doing fabulous though, looking forward to our doctors appointment this week. James likes to giggle at me because now he can see Bumble 'ripple' across my belly when he/she gets super active. James also like to press back on my belly when Bumble starts to act up, which sometimes ends with Julia getting kicked in the ribs (not so much fun for me).

James and I had the upstairs carpet cleaned yesterday, YEA! It makes such a big difference. We also have the laundry hamper and diaper pail ordered. Picked up our final pieces of furniture (the lovely bookshelf) yesterday too. I am so excited to get the room all ready. I just need some strong people to help James while I direct him where to place all the furniture! Also on his honey-do list is to start hanging up picture frames/shelves for me, which we will hopefully knock out this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, I am having a baby shower thrown by some of my close girlfriends and sisters! I am so stinking excited! Plus my best friend Bri is already in the D-town, get to finally see her tonight! Kristy, Caitlin and Staci are all coming in on Friday too!!!! So very very very very excited to get to see all these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment