Friday, April 8, 2011

My oh My

What an interesting week it has been. First of all my unit has been closed so I have not been to work since last Friday, kinda frustrating when you are trying to save your PTO for this thing called maturnity leave. Come people of Dallas, get sick, give me some business. Please. Have spent my days off being better homemaker, laying out in the sun, shopping and spending money I shouldn't be, cleaning (sorta) and chillin' with James.

On a happier note my diaper bag came in (see here). James and I also started our registery at babiesrus. Registering for a baby is not as much fun as registering for a wedding. There is SO MUCH STUFF. Then you see all the stuff that you want and your start going hrm, where is this all going to go? James has been making fun of me b/c I have been cleaning out our closets and brochures we have saved from various trips. Hey I would rather move a few scrap books then boxes of paper and what not. I guess my version of nesting is decluttering.

We got a new roof this week too. Yea homeownership. Trying out best to prep the house for selling next March/April. Anyone know of some cheap but nice townhomes in Richardson area we could rent while we sell the house?

Scottie chopped my hair off on Thursday (photos below). I LOVE it. He usually doesn't like preggos do such drastic things but I begged just a little bit, plus he loves me. It is super cute, kinda crazy that I can not have a pony tail at all, but I think it will grow out pretty fast. Going to be great for the cruise. Please ignore my tired eyes, I have been up for a while and was unable to take a nap before work.





Our Pretty Roses
Speaking of no nap, this cute little bugger Jay (my nephew). Who will play and play and play UNTIL you get him on camera then he freezes up. It appears Jay-bird has decided to get Julia, Chan-Chan, Grandma Laurie, Katy, Ginny and Papa Walters all sick. To put it polietly I am super achy right now and marked my territory at the Kroger parking lot. (Lovely I know, I was just happy I was able to get my seatbelt off, door open and car parked in time so that I did not mess up the car). Hopefully will be able to get some amazing sleep tomorrow and then feel a little bit better. I still love him tons, such a sweet boy. Unless you are changing his diaper and then he screams bloody murder, go figure.



To back track a little bit, before I got sick on Friday. James and I went and checked out the Dallas Auto Show on Thursday, have narrowed my mommy cars down to these three:

Acura RDX

Nisson armada

Subaru Outback

We will need to go and test drive them but at least I was able to narrow them down. Now comes the hard part of actually picking one out.

OK I guess I should go help out. Might go make a heating pad for my neck and back, yea illness.

1 comment:

  1. your hair is super short! but it looks good! sorry you aren't feeling well... hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. when are you test driving the mommy cars?

    ReplyDelete