Boy does time fly! Evelyn is 4 1/2 months old now, I can hardly believe it. Our little girl is almost twice the size she was when she was born!! Long and lean is what the doc calls her, totally average for everything but height. Evelyn decided to start sleeping through the night a little before Christmas and has stuck to it, James and I are thrilled. She has yet to catch her 1st cold but we are patiently waiting. She had a great time during her 1st day of daycare, they even had to wake her up to give her one of her feedings. I think she enjoys all the new sights and sounds that daycare provides. I have started walking with her in the stroller so she can look out at things, which she really likes (put the snuzzler in it so she doesn't fall to the side.) Usually when she is cranky she is either tired or hungry, which are both quick fixes. All in all month 4 has been WAY better than months 1-3.
 |
| Getting ready for bath time |
 |
| Given up the pacey for our thumb :/ |
|
Sadly James's grandmother passed shortly before Christmas. Even though it is comforting to know she is at peace, it made the holidays a little bittersweet for the Gerstmann family. We all traveled down to Austin for the funeral and I think Evelyn helped lighten the mood at times.It did given James, Evelyn and I the chance to see some family around the holiday season that we had not expected to see, so that was very nice.
We think Evelyn enjoyed her 1st Christmas, she slept through most of it. Christmas day she decided to take almost a 4 hour nap during the gift opening. We are very blessed to have such wonderful families and it was a lovely Christmas. Only minor issue was when Evelyn decided it would be really fun to blow raspberries (a new habit she is perfecting daily) during the church service. We also missed seeing the Gerstmanns and Marcus.
Next month we might be starting rice cereal, YUM! Evelyn seems content with the formula now, so doc said there is no rush to start the feedings. I am sure the photo sessions of those 1st few feedings will be very interesting! Keep posted for details.
No comments:
Post a Comment