Friday, December 2, 2011

2011 is almost over!

It is hard to believe that we are already in December of 2011! What a year is has been, I am sure I will do a recap post later but for now let's focus on the present.

We had such a wonderful thanksgiving (2 of them!) One in Dallas with my entire family. I seriously think it was the 1st time we have all been together in quite a while. We even got some professional family photos done. Evelyn did not cooperate at all though. James and I are learning that naps are key for her to be a happy girl. Kat got to come home which was such a blessing. We weren't sure if she was going to make it this year b/c of school. I miss my seester! I think she got plenty of Jay and Evelyn time, which I know is very important to her. Thanksgiving down in Houston was great, James and I were really nervous about how Evelyn would handle the traveling, but so far she has adjusted quite well. We only had a few meltdowns.
accurate photo of Evelyn during photo shoot

Happy Turkey day!

I finally went back to work and although I LOVE spending time with Evelyn, it is nice to get away to the hospital. I haven't quite gotten used to the day time sleeping, but it will all work itself out. James is getting used to taking care of Evelyn, so it seems the whole family is adjusting. I am sure we will have get used to one thing and then daycare in January will throw us all for a loop again. Oh well, we will just roll with it.

Evelyn has teased us twice by sleeping through the night, hopefully this trend will become permanent soon.

Evelyn, Sydney, Kim and I went to get photos with Santa yesterday. Evelyn did great (her 1st perfect photo shoot ever!) Sydney just kept saying "no santa." So no photos for Syd just yet. Even though Evelyn has no idea what is going on, I am excited for her 1st Christmas. Weird but really cool to think that James and I have our own family now. Hopefully we will go get our tree next week sometime and get the decorations up.

Still crazy that E will be 4months old soon, man does time fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment